Thursday, March 24, 2011

High as a kite

A couple weeks later, I went to visit William at the housing complex. (He hadn’t moved out after all.) He seemed like a different person. He was calm and answered my questions. He even agreed to let me take him to our office to get an assessment after I promised him a bus ticket home. I was pleasantly surprised by his demeanor. I checked him in at Recovery Resources then was off to Jobs and Family Services to help another client apply for Medicare.

Later that afternoon, when I returned to the office, my supervisor told me she received a call from the assessment department about William. They were unable to complete the assessment because he was “high as a kite.” I was in shock.

As I said before, you never know what the day will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment