Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Changing levels of care

I went apartment hunting with Paul a while ago. It went well and we found him a nice 1-bedroom efficiency across from a hospital. He liked it but wanted to see other places. He’ll have to apply, but he wouldn’t sign his name for anything because he’s paranoid. In the car, after looking at a couple of places, he talked it over with himself. It’s interesting and frustrating.

Because he utilizes so much time, Paul will be moved up to a higher level of care. Recovery Resources divides levels of care in four ways. My clients are supposed to be level 1 or 2, meaning they are a bit higher functioning, and I only need to see them once or twice a month. Clients like Paul and Joshua are really closer to level 3 or 4, with more significant needs. The agency is re-arranging case loads to more accurately reflect clients’ needs. Including those two, 28 of my clients are moving to a different level of care. They’re mostly the ones I’ve gotten to know very well, since they’re the ones I see all the time. But now, I’ll be able to see more of my clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment